*click here for other type of visa applications
It was a pretty simple and fast process for me and hubby.
So here’s the instruction:
1. Complete the DS-160 application form
click here for the link
Fee Amount (USD)
Fee Amount (MYR)
Tips: If you are paying at Standard Chartered Bank, rememeber to print the Deposit Slip – $160 MRV Fee !!!!
Look something like this:-
3. Schedule Appointment for the Visa Application.
Now you will need to create a profile in the system. Follow this link and click on New User.
Click on Schedule Appointment on the left-hand side menu & you will need:
-Your passport number
-The receipt number from your Standard Chartered Bank receipt
-The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page
4. Visit the U.S. Embassy on the date and time of your visa interview.
Be sure to check the Schedule My Appointment page for the necessary documentation needed for your appointment.
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
- Your visa application fee payment receipt from Standard Chartered Bank
- Your DS-160 confirmation page
- Your e-mail address
- If applicable, required documents based on visa class (such as a petition approval for petition-based visas; more information about visa types and information about each can be found here).
All in all, we took less than 2 hours to get our visa application approved on the spot. Only 3 questions asked:
1. Do you own a business?
2. Does your wife work with you?
3. How much money do you plan to bring?
Yes, we went for together. You can schedule it together.
Collect our Visa the next day at Wisma MCA:
Suite 1905, 19th Floor
Wisma MCA, 163 Jalan
Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
Only my hubby went to collect, I do not need to be there.
I love this website, totally recommending it: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/my/