Go chujang is korean red pepper paste. I am Malaysia, we like our food spicy.
Here’s my take on Gochujang chicken wings. Without any frying!! Woaahhhh hahahhaha
4 Chicken wings
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Gochujang
1 Tablespoon Mirin
1 Tablespoon Sake/Rice Wine
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cloves of garlic, minced.
Salt & pepper
Chopped green onions
1. You can always swap this to boneless chicken thigh
2. Double the ratio if you want more sauce
3. You can definitely fried your wings if you don’t have an oven
I hate frying. It makes the house so oily. Here’s how to get crispys chicken wings without frying by using an oven.
Oven Crispy Chicken Wings-Instructions:
1. Cut in half, so you have the little drumets and the wings part. Voila…you have 8 pcs!
2. season with salt and pepper.
3. Coat the chicken wings with corn starch like the photo below.
4. Butter the wings, both side.
5. 250°C Oven for 20 mins. Turn the wings, then another 10-15mins.
The Sauce -Instructions:
1. Mix soy sauce, Gochujang, Mirin, Sake/Rice Wine, sugar,garlic, ginger and abit of salt in a bowl.
2. Pan, on medium heat, pour the sauce into the pan until the sauce is glossy.
3. Add the crispy oven baked chicken wings. Stir them around and make sure all sauce is coated onto the chicken wings.
4. Transfer to plate. Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Done! Makan time!
Want to make Tubbs, Neko Atsume Bento? Here’s the link to Tubbs Bento
Other Related Bentos: