I have leftover meat from my gyoza sessions over the weekend Pot Luck hangout with friends.
Usually, I will make meatballs for any leftover meat. But this time I really wanted to try Japanese Hamburger Steak Recipe.
This is a side dish for Stormtrooper Bento that I am making today. It is good as a main dish of cause!
Hamburger Patty Ingredints:
1. 250g Grind meat (pork/chicken/beef-your choice)
2. Carrots, Cabbage, Onions & seasoning.
**Because it was a leftover from gyoza fillings, so I skip this. You can click here to check out the Gyoza Recipe and use the same fillings.
2. 2 piece of cream crackers, crushed.
(you can use Breadcrumbs instead)
1. 3 Tablespoon of Ketchup
2. 4 Tablespoon of Water
3. 3 Tablespoon of Worcestershir sauce
4. 1 Tablespoon of Potato Starch + water for thickening the sauce
**I don’t have Worcestershire sauce, so I replace with the recipe below:
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 lime juice or you can use lemon juice
1/2 Tablespoon of Chilli Sauce or few drops of Tabasco sauce (optional)
1. Mix leftover gyoza meat with crushed cream crackers.
2. Devide make them into 5 small hamburger meat shape.
3. Mix No.1-3 of sauce ingredient in a bowl and mix well. This will make cooking easier for you.
4. Fried the mini hamburger patties evenly each side around 5 mins each side or until done.
5. Remove the hamburger patties aside, and remove excess oil.
6. Pour in the sauce mix, stir for 1 mins. Add back in the humburger patty and make sure the hamburger patty are well coated in the sauce.
7. Add the potato starch water to thicken the sauce.
Here’s as a side dish of the Stormtrooper Bento that I made today.
Here’s a quick video I took just before I add the starch water. I will try making longer videos in future. Still very camera shy la