Simple Curry Chicken
Cooking time: 15mins max
I learned this back in college. My bestest friend since childhood taught me this when we were a bunch of college kids. First time cooking to fed ourself.
You know when back in college we girls love to play with ma-masak.
So, I don’t have the accurate measurements of the ingredients…because I was taught that way hahaha. But don’t worry…magically, it’s always yummy
1 Chicken Breast
1 Yellow Onions
2 Medium size potatoes*
2 cloves of shallots
3 cloves of garlics
1. Chicken Breast-sliced into cubes.
2. Marinate the chicken with:
a. Curry powder (I love Baba’s Chicken & Lamb curry powder) 2 tablespoons
b. Oyster sause (I love Lee Kum Kee’s) 2 tablespoons
c. Some salt
d. Seseme Oil 1 tablespoon
Leave the chicken for 30mins so that all the flavour is absorbed.
(If you do not have time, you can cook immediately. Still going to taste yummy.)
3. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut into quarters. Fried them until half cook.
4. Wash and peel the carrots. Cut into big cubes. Same size as potatoes so that the cooking time will be the same.
5. Onions, cut into wadges.
6. Minced garlic and shallots.
7. Use a pan, put in 3 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot, stir in the garlics and shallots.
8. Then in goes the carrots and onions. Cook for 3mins. (If you like crunchier Onions, put in with potato)
9. Stir in the chickens. Cook for 5 mins.
10. Throw in the potatoes and cook for 3 mins.
11. Pour in some water. If you prefer more gravy, pour in more water. The potatoes will act as a starch and thickens the gravy the longer you cook.
12. Salt to taste.
Go great with a bowl of hot steaming white rice. Yumz~
Yeap, super simple. It’s very fool proof. Very difficult to do wrong. Trust me, we were a bunch of kids then, none of us done any real cooking. Now this dish is my comfort food.
Bento with Chicken Curry as sides: